The ORG Scotland conference is a great opportunity for anyone affiliated to the organics recycling sector to get together, discuss, debate and learn from speakers in a friendly atmosphere. Covering a range of relevant topics including updates from Zero Waste Scotland and SEPA to practical experiences on options for managing emissions and the latest on PAS100. We will also be holding a debate session looking at local authority organics collections.
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency - Impending changes to regulations, compliance assessment and charges.
- Alison McKinnie, Zero Waste Scotland - Zero Waste Scotland activities around organics recycling.
- Tom Aspray, Heriot Watt University - Plastic in soils and composts and digestates.
- Georgia Phetmahn, REAL – Updates on the Compost Certification Scheme and PAS100 revision.
- Lesley Haynes, Don and Low and Callum King, FRM - Case study evaluating a new breathable nonwoven fabric for windrow covers at a Scottish composting site.
- Speaker TBC - Bioaerosols – measuring and managing impacts in composting sites.
- Simon Ford, Martin GmbH – Integrating AD into waste and composting businesses.
- Big debate – Local authority organics collections and managing contamination.
The conference dinner is the evening before the conference, 14th November in the Westerwood Hotel. There will be a 3 course dinner with wine and plenty opportunity to network with other delegates. Tickets can be booked individually or whole tables. Please get in touch if you need more information.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Organics recycling sector
- Local authorities
- Waste management companies
- AD operators
- Waste operators
- Industry consultants
- Farmers looking to diversify into AD
Delegate Prices: All prices exclude VAT
REA Members £180
Additional member from the same organisation £125
REA Non Members £270
Local Authorities, Community groups and registered charities £65
Conference Dinner on 14th November £47
Sponsorship and Exhibitor opportunities: Available from £320 per stand, please contact Jenny (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss.
LIMITED PLACES AVAILABLE SO PLEASE BOOK EARLY