Job advertisement Compliance Assistant Renewable Energy Consumer Code
Renewable Energy Assurance Limited (REAL) is seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and committed team member to assist with a range of membership, monitoring and compliance activities within the Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC). This is an exciting opportunity for an organised and driven individual who is ready to learn quickly and take responsibility for important elements of our work.
This role would suit a self-starter with an interest in consumer protection within the renewable energy sector. This is a full-time role, on a one-year contract, based in Central London. The salary will depend on experience but will be in the region of £23k per annum. In addition, company benefits include 25 days annual leave, company pension scheme, and access to the cycle to work and annual travel card schemes.
Key individual tasks to be carried out by the post holder
- Gather intelligence about RECC MembersÃ¢ÂÂ compliance with the Code and Bye-Laws, and regularly present risk analysis reports to the Compliance Team.
- Assist the Compliance Manager with the audit process.
- Carry out monitoring activities including mystery shopping and consumer satisfaction surveys.
- Carry out first level compliance checks on applicants to join.
- Maintain appropriate systems for tracking and reporting on monitoring, including CRM, spread sheets, drop boxes &c.
- Assist with preparation of the quarterly RECC Newsletter and Highlight Report, Annual Report,social media output and other external communications.
- Arrange for RECC to be represented at shows, events and workshops.
- Attend external meetings with stakeholders as well as shows, events and workshops.
- Assist the Membership Team with the renewal process, issuing invoices, tracking payments and sending out welcome packs and leaflets.
- Respond to telephone enquiries from RECC members, applicants and consumers.
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Competence with SQL database applications as well as Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point
- Evidence of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a professional manner
- Willingness to take the initiative and personal responsibility for getting things done
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Some professional experience in one of the following areas: energy, renewable energy, consumer protection, compliance
- Knowledge of consumer protection legislation
- Understanding of renewable energy including Government incentives.
- Interest in environment and climate change.
About Renewable Energy Assurance Ltd:
REAL carries out a range of certification and consumer protection activities all of which promote sustainable energy. REAL's activities fall under two headings: consumer codes and certification schemes.
REAL has a small and dynamic team that works hard to promote and enforce its consumer codes and certification schemes in a robust and even-handed way. With backgrounds in law, economics, trading standards, dispute resolution, customer service, renewable technologies and environmental management, the team has a wealth of knowledge and experience available to consumers and companies alike. What makes the team special is that we truly believe in what we do.
The office is based in the iconic Shell Mex House with direct access from both the Strand and Victoria Embankment Gardens. It is within walking distance of South Bank and the Covent Garden area, and has great underground and National rail transport links.
Applications should be addressed to Rebecca Robbins, Head of Compliance and include a covering letter and full CV: Rebecca@recc.org.uk