Add value to your business by JOINING NOW!
New businesses are entering the biowaste management industry in the UK and existing businesses continue to adjust to market drivers and conditions.
Whether you are a supplier of biowastes, a producer of composts, digestates or MBT outputs, a consultant, a product or service supplier, a service beneficiary, a local authority or an academic institution, joining the ORG will put you in the heart of the industry with access to a range of valuable benefits.
- Keeping you informed via our quarterly 'Organics Recycling' magazine
- Latest industry news, regulation updates and case studies
- Fortnightly e-news bulletins via email
- Regularly updated website
- Website ÂmemberÂs onlyÂ area, including information available only to members
- Specialist technical helpline
- Helpful and knowledgable responses to member enquiries
Additional benefits for our members
- Preferential member rates for all AfOR publications
- Reduced rate advertising in our 'Organics Recycling' quarterly magazine, to help your message reach a targeted audience
- Reduced delegate rates at ORG events and opportunity to network with contacts relevant to your interests
Use of ORG's logo in conjuction with wording 'Member of'
The ORG has worked hard to expand the range of benefits it provides for members. The most recent additions include agreements arranged with third-party providers to supply health & safety, legal and insurance services and healthcare cover to members as a discounted rate. For more information click AfOR Affinity Scheme
Study tours: learn about leading edge technologies in Europe
Members Forum & Site Visits
Clay Shooting Afternoon
- Industry achievement awards: be recognised as the best in the business
- Training days and seminars: variety of one day specialist events and a chance to network
- Credits towards 'Continuing Professional Development'
- Promotion of members' participation in Compost Awareness Week in association with the Waste & Resources Action Programme
Standards and independent certification
- Develop and manage REAL's Compost Certification Scheme, aligned to the requirements of PAS 100 and the Compost Quality Protocol
- On-line web tool to assist with Compost Quality Protocol and AD Quality Protocol compliance
- In partnership with Belgian and German certification bodies, provide certification services for compostable packaging and plastics
Consultation and representation
- Members' regional fora; topical discussion group meetings, chance to network and learn what the ORG is doing on your behalf
- Represent members to key stakeholders and promote members interests
- Work with DEFRA, the Environment Agency and other regulatory bodies to influence decisions in favour of our members
- Cross-party political round table discussions
- Member to member referrals via the ORG
- Representation at European Community level
- Consultation with key stakeholders in the biowaste management industry, including, land managers in agriculture and field horticulture; other markets using soil improvers; food and farm assurance schemes; to promote acceptance of compost
- Encouraging good practice and excellence in the industry through involvement in development of standards published by the British Standards Institution (e.g. PAS 100 for composted materials and PAS 110 for anaerobic digestion)
The Organics Recycling Group aims to provide support to help members work more effectively. Please contact us if you have any questions about our work.