Biowaste permits: review to improve environmental outcomes - response document
The EA ran a Call for Evidence consultation ahead of a review of biowaste standard rules permits. The aim of the consultation was to:
- outline and share possible changes we may make to standard rules permits
- seek opinions regarding possible reinforcements to permit conditions, with the aim of reducing risk of incidents, improve compliance and ultimately afford better environmental protection with lower costs to the operator
- seek opinion on measures we could take to ensure operator competence
- seek opinion on addressing standards for design and build to prevent risk to the environment, public and operators
- explore how we can better manage surplus biomethane and biogas at the point of production
- see how they can ensure that the goals of the 25 year environment plan and clean air strategy are met.
The consultation provided an opportunity to comment on their proposals ahead of any revision to the standard rules permits. It provided an opportunity for the public and industry to share evidence for improved compliance and appropriate measures along with value and costs. The REA responded to this call for evidence.
The EA response document can be viewed in full HERE
Become a Member!
Join the Organics Recycling Group at the Renewable Energy Association by clicking below.